Summer is officially here and it’s time to fire up the grill! Burgers and dogs can get boring, so why not go for the other white meat? New York Pork Chops marinated in orange juice and soy sauce, grilled and served with Apple Ginger Cranberry Chutney make for an elegant and comforting summertime meal your family and friends won’t soon forget.
Get more EASY GRILLED RECIPE IDEAS this month with the Shine Supper Club!
What’s even better? Pork gives you the best bang for your buck this grilling season! And in honor of great summertime savings and the new Pork naming system, you can play Pork Chop Drop for a chance to win $1,000!
Learn more and play Pork Chop Drop!
For the New York Pork Chops:
4 boneless New York Pork Chops, approximately 1 inch thick
1 cup orange juice
2 TBSP soy sauce
For the Chutney:
1 TBSP canola oil
2 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 TBSP finely minced ginger
2-3 TBSP brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup orange juice
Serves 4. Serve Grilled New York Pork Chops with Apple Ginger Cranberry Chutney. Consider serving with Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and a simple Spinach Salad with Balsamic Dressing on the side.
Marinate the New York Pork Chops:
1) In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup orange juice and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
2) Transfer to a large resealable bag and add New York Pork Chops.
3) Set aside in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
Make the Chutney:
1) In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, warm oil.
2) Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
3) Add apple, cranberries, and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in 1/3 cup orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and cinnamon.
5) Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until liquid is almost entirely absorbed and apples are very tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
6) Set aside to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate if not serving chops within 2 hours.
Grill the New York Pork Chops:
1) Prepare a grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
2) Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade.
3) Season pork with salt and pepper and grill pork until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, about 4 1/2 minutes per side. Remove chops from grill and let rest 3 minutes.
PorkbeInspired.com features a variety of recipes to please every palate and pocketbook.
With plenty of savory recipes, cooks everywhere can save money with the National Pork Board’s 10 for $10 recipe collection.
The National Pork Board’s 10 for $10 recipe collection of money saving dishes was developed by value-minded, smart shopping bloggers from coast to coast to inspire ideas perfect for any meal time.
Average Betty is proud to be one of the The National Pork Board’s 10 for $10 recipe developers and you can also find this Grilled New York Pork Chops with Apple Cranberry Chutney recipe here.
Don’t miss an instructional video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
I have made this more than once and always double it up for 12 chops and it is always AMAZING!! ! Thank you for the recipe.