WATCH THE VIDEO!
Making pizza on the grill satisfies that smokey, extra crunchy taste you get from wood-fired pizza without the wood-fired pizza oven. Backyard not required.
5 TIPS FOR MAKING PIZZA ON THE GRILL:
1. Make pizzas a manageable size because you’ll need to flip them.
2. Poke holes in the pizza dough, after it is rolled out, to avoid air bubbles when grilling.
3. Make sure your grill is not TOO HOT, or the bottom will burn before the toppings are melted.
4. If you are using cornmeal, grill the non-cornmeal side first, because when you flip, the cornmeal will be on the bottom.
5. Thin crusts and fewer toppings keep the crust crisp and help the cheese melt better.
Watch How to Make Pizza on the Grill to see how the BBQ Chicken Pizza is made.
Watch How to Make Pizza on the Grill to see how the Green Pizza is made. Get my Pesto Recipe here.
My go-to Pizza Dough Recipe is just about as fast and easy as homemade pizza dough gets.
A little healthier? Get my White Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe.
A lot healthier? Get my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe.
Feeling crazy? Go for my BBQ Chicken Mac n’ Cheese Pizza Recipe.
Feeling hungry? Watch the Mashed Potato Pizza Video and see how to make two different kinds of Breakfast (or anytime!) Pizza.
Feeling spicy? Try my Jalapeno POP Pizza.
Like Club Sandwiches? Try my Whole Wheat Chicken Club Pizza Recipe using my Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe.
For an entertaining look at pizza making, watch my classic, Pizza Dough Do’s and Doughn’ts.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO AVERAGEBETTY on YouTube!
Great photos! But they make me feel soooo hungry :-)