Click for printer-friendly version!
Seasonings change. When the surfers at Sunset switch from boardshorts to summer suits, you know Fall has arrived in Southern California. When pumpkins are carved and seeds are roasted, you know it’s Halloween. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds are a Halloween tradition and there are a million different ways to season them. From sweet to savory… how do you season your seeds?
Ingredients for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:
1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp pasilla chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp melted butter (optional)
Notes: The key to perfect Roasted Pumpkin Seeds is low and slow. Some experts suggest blanching the seeds before oven roasting; others suggest using an egg white in place of the oil. Watch the How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Video for added instruction and entertainment.
1) Cut open up the top of the pumpkin at about a 45 degree angle so the lid won’t fall through.
2) Using your hands or a heavy spoon, scoop the seeds out.
3) To get the stringy pulp off the seeds, submerge in water. Drain water and blot seeds dry.
4) Season the seeds with olive oil and melted butter, smoked paprika, pasilla chili powder, garlic powder, parsley and sea salt.
5) Mix and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
6) Bake in preheated 300(F) oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Share and enjoy.
Boo! Watch the How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Video to see me carve this pumpkin.
[…] NOT TOASTED Get the Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe as seen in the video. Please […]
[…] the Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe as seen in the […]
[…] are you’re going to be looking for a fun activity in between making your Halloween costume, roasting pumpkin seeds and carving pumpkins… Yeah […]
[…] FORGET THE SEEDS! Roasted Pumpkin Seeds. Get the Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe as seen in the How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds video. Check out these Homemade Halloween Treats […]
[…] Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and Video from Sara of Average Betty […]
[…] Sneak Peek. I’m carving a pumpkin and roasting the seeds. Get the recipe for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and watch How to Make Roasted Pumpkin […]
[…] you start pumpkin carving this Halloween, grab an extra bowl to save your seeds. Then follow Average Betty‘s easy fall recipe for a yummy, healthy snack that makes the most of your squashes. Bonus: […]