Rooster Eggs will bring the Cockadoodledoo to your next party! If you like spicy finger food you’ll love Rooster Eggs! I know, roosters don’t lay eggs, right? Well these are Sriracha Deviled Eggs! And they might just be the easiest appetizer you make on Super Bowl Sunday.
Watch Rooster Eggs – How to Make Sriracha Deviled Eggs for added instruction and entertainment.
Ingredients for Sriracha Deviled Eggs:
12 large eggs
6 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste)
sliced green onion
Notes: Makes 24 Rooster Eggs. You may choose to use a few dashes of soy sauce in place of the sea salt. You may also like the addition of Chinese Mustard or a splash of rice vinegar for extra tang. Experiment with the seasonings and create a Rooster Egg that makes you Cock-a-doodle-doo!
1. Hard boil eggs. Cover eggs with water in a saucepan and place on high heat until boiling. Once boiling, reduce heat to low (or turn off) and cover. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Drain hot water and cool eggs with ice water. For more detailed instruction on hard boiling eggs, watch the video.
2. Prepare eggs. Peel shells from eggs. Cut eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove (pop out) hard cooked yolks from whites into a mixing bowl. Arrange egg white halves on a serving platter.
3. Make the filling. Add mayonnaise and Sriracha to egg yolks and mix until smooth.
4. Fill the eggs. Using a spoon or piping bag, transfer an equal amount of filling into each egg. Watch the video for a fun tip.
5. Garnish and serve. Top with a sprinkling of sea salt, smoked paprika and sliced green onion. Serve chilled. Go Team!