Click here for printer-friendly recipe!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are always a hit! What is it about these cookies that make them such a crowd pleaser? Is it because they’re so chewy? Is it because they’re so comforting? Is it because they have oats and walnuts in them and they just feel healthier? Well, whatever the reason… Oatmeal Cookie lovers, this one’s for you!
Ingredients for Oatmeal Cookies:
1 cup salted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup dried fruit such as raisins or cranberries
1 cup nuts such as walnuts
2 cups chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or candy pieces
NOTE: This recipe makes 4-5 dozen cookies, depending on size and add-ins such as raisins or nuts. Bake time 9-11 minutes, preheated 355(F) oven.
Make the cookie dough.
1) Cream butter.
2) Add sugars and continue creaming.
3) Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
4) Add eggs and cream thoroughly.
5) Add flour and cream thoroughly. Begin adding oats one cup at a time.
6) Stir in add-ins such as raisins, chocolate or butterscotch chips and nuts if desired.
7) Transfer cookie dough to an airtight container and refrigerate for several hours or overnight for best results. To speed process, place in the freezer for one hour.
8) Bake in a preheated 355(F) oven for 9-11 minutes.
9) Devour. Share. Repeat.
HOMEMADE IT’S IT!
How about an ice cream cookie sandwich? Oatmeal Cookies with Cookies and Cream ice cream tastes just like an It’s It or a Cool-a-coo… only better!
Peanut Butter Cookies
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
Double Chocolate Cookies
Link to the Oatmeal Raisin Nation blog post.