WATCH THE VIDEO!
You know the biscuits I’m talking about. Mmmmm Hmmmm.
A great use for leftover mashed potatoes, enjoy these tender Cheesy Potato Biscuits all by themselves, with a comforting bowl of stew or kick off the day with a Cheesy Potato Breakfast Biscuit. For added instruction and entertainment, or if you need to make mashed potatoes first, watch the How to Make Cheesy Potato Biscuits Video.
Ingredients for Cheesy Potato Biscuits Recipe:
3/4 cup (leftover) Mashed Idaho Potatoes
3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 TBSP Baking Powder
1 TBSP Sugar
3 TBSP Butter
1/3 cup Buttermilk (plus extra for brushing tops)
Equipment for Cheesy Potato Biscuits:
biscuit cutter or similar
parchment paper (optional)
Makes 8-10 biscuits depending on thickness and size. Best when served hot and fresh.
Country style mashed potatoes, with skins mixed in, are not recommended for this recipe.
If you don’t have leftover mashed potatoes, start by making a basic mashed potato. For added instruction and entertainment, or if you need to make mashed potatoes first, watch the How to Make Cheesy Potato Biscuits Video.
1) In a bowl, combine all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Mix well.
2) Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3) Similarly, cut in cold mashed potatoes until incorporated.
4) Fold in shredded cheese and create a well in the center.
5) Add a beaten egg and buttermilk to the well.
6) Gently combine the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients.
7) On a floured board, gently pat out the dough.
8) Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and arrange on a baking sheet.
9) Brush tops of biscuits with buttermilk and sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired.
10) Bake in a preheated 350 (F) oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and fragrant.
11) Serve immediately.
For added instruction and entertainment, or if you need to make mashed potatoes first, watch the How to Make Cheesy Potato Biscuits Video, give it a thumbs up and please subscribe to my channel on YouTube.