California Avocado and Hemp Seed Arancini with Sun Dried Tomato Avocado Ranch on Organic Microgreens.
There is an unwritten culinary rule that applies to recipes and menus alike:
If you call it California, there has to be avocado.
You get the idea.
Sure, there are those other ingredients.
Trendy ingredients that sound exotic.
Like Hemp Seed and Organic Micro Greens.
And the other ingredients can come and go.
California Avocados will always turn any dish into native Californian cuisine.
California Avocado and Hemp Seed Arancini with Sun Dried Tomato Avocado Ranch on Organic Microgreens Recipe
Ingredients for Avocado and Hemp Seed Arancini:
1/2 large ripe California Avocado
2 large eggs
2 cups cold Mexican Rice (recipe in NOTES)
2 TBSP shelled hemp seed (optional)
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
16 small cubes jalapeno jack cheese
oil for frying
Ingredients for Avocado and Sun Dried Tomato Ranch:
1 1/2 large ripe California Avocado
1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
1/4 cup salsa verde
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
coarse salt & pepper to taste
Organic Micro Greens for plating (optional)
Makes 14-16 golf ball sized Arancini. Makes about 1 1/2 cups Sun Dried Tomato Avocado Ranch. To make the Mexican Rice, heat 1 TBSP canola oil in a medium sauce pan. Add one cup white rice (I use Jasmine), 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and 1/2 cup salsa to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff with fork and allow to chill for use in this recipe. This recipe makes 3 cups Mexican Rice, you will only need two for this recipe. You can use either prepared Ranch Dressing or try making your own.
Directions for Avocado and Hemp Seed Arancini:
1) Prepare the Mexican Rice and allow to chill completely.
2) To the chilled rice, add one egg, hemp seed and Parmesan cheese. Combine thoroughly.
3) Mash 1/2 avocado into the rice mixture and return to the refrigerator to chill.
4) While the rice is re-chilling, prepare a breading station. In one bowl, beat an egg. In another, place panko bread crumbs and season with salt.
5) Remove the rice from the refrigerator and measure into rounded tablespoon sized balls. Press into shape and dip in egg mixture. Roll in panko bread crumbs.
6) Press one cube of cheese into the center of rice ball and reshape around the cheese cube.
7) With your hands (this may be messy!) firmly mold into ball shape and re-roll in panko bread crumbs.
8) Place on a non-stick mat and return to the freezer (while preparing the Sun Dried Tomato Avocado Ranch and heating the cooking oil).
9) Fry Arancini in about 2 inches of vegetable oil until golden on the outside and the cheese has melted on the inside.
10) Drain Arancini on paper towels and season with coarse salt. Serve with Sun Dried Tomato Avocado Ranch.
Directions for Sun Dried Tomato Avocado Ranch:
1) Mash 1 1/2 avocados and season with salt and pepper.
2) Add salsa verde, Ranch dressing and sun dried tomatoes.
3) Combine well and keep refrigerated.
4) Serve with California Avocado and Hemp Seed Arancini.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe on behalf of the California Avocado Commission.
Nutrient dense California Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid and enable the body to absorb more fat-soluble nutrients.
For more great recipes using California Avocados, check out the California Avocado Commission Commission Website.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!