There are plenty of Guinness Chocolate Cake recipes on the internets.
I found a tutorial that was super thorough, and all recipes seem to be a variation of the lovely Nigella Lawson’s.
I like to think mine is the Best Ever because I sprinkle a little bit of Guinness into each component.
I also like to think that if I was on some Food Network cooking competition, the judge — maybe even Nigella — about to eliminate me despite this amazing cake, would say, “I can taste Guinness in every aspect of this cake. And it’s moist. In fact, this may be the best Guinness Chocolate Cake I’ve ever had. But, Sara, I’m sorry, you’ve been axed.” — or something along those lines.
Not that you could ever make this cake on one of those cooking competitions.
It takes almost an hour to bake and almost as long to assemble.
This is a cake you bake for someone you love that loves you back.
And also loves chocolate.
And please, don’t save this impressive and rich Guinness Chocolate Cake for St. Patrick’s Day!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment! Better still, share a photo on instagram and tag me! @averagebetty #averagebettyrecipe
NOTES: Makes one 9″ cake, about 4 inches tall. A tall sided baking vessel is required. Serves 16-20. For further instruction and entertainment, watch the Best Ever Guinness Chocolate Cake Video on YouTube!
Ingredients for Best Ever Guinness Chocolate Cake:
1 cup salted butter
1 cup Guinness
1 cup dark cocoa powder
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for Guinness Miracle Moist:
1/3 cup Guinness
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for Creamy Guinness Frosting:
1/2 cup salted butter
6 ounces cream cheese
any remaining Guinness (about a teaspoon)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
pinch coarse salt (optional)
Directions for Cake:
1. Prepare a tall sided, 9″ springform or cake pan.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and add 1 cup beer. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat. Whisk in cocoa powder and allow to cool.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. Whisk well to ensure no lumps.
4. In a large bowl combine eggs, vanilla and sour cream. Whisk in cooled chocolate-butter-beer.
5. Carefully stir in the dry ingredients.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
7. Bake in a 350(F) oven for 50-55 minutes.
8. Allow cake to cool completely before brushing with Miracle Moist or frosting.
Directions for Miracle Moist:
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly.
2. Use a small pastry brush to saturate baked cake, especially at the edges.
Directions for the Frosting:
1. Cream butter and cream cheese thoroughly and add Guinness and vanilla.
2. Add sifted powdered sugar gradually until fully combined, smooth and creamy.
3. Finish with a pinch of coarse salt if desired.
Directions for Assembly:
1. Arrange cake on serving plate.
2. Brush with Miracle Moist.
Learn how to make the Best Ever Guinness Chocolate Cake. Watch the video on YouTube and subscribe!
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
This chocolate cake looks like it’s so delicious that I’m going to make it in this weekend your recipe.
All the girls from next door are here with their cams! Visit Cam: https://letsg0dancing.page.link/go?hs=08e2f5b282e0558ea4e777e3c9bfdb41& says
Уведомление,для Вас подтвердили подарочек. Пройдите по ссылке далее >> https://forms.yandex.ru/cloud/62b71344c25bba4c3d308826/?hs=08e2f5b282e0558ea4e777e3c9bfdb41& says