WATCH THE VIDEO!
I am the last person that would suggest you make a beautiful Surf N’ Turf meal from scratch for these Egg Rolls. This is an ideal use of leftovers from the crown jewel of celebration meals. If you happen to have leftovers that is!
Ingredients for Surf N’ Turf Egg Rolls:
Garlic Mashed Potatoes (recipe follows)
Langoustine Lobster, or similar
Egg Roll wrappers
Ingredients for Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
4 6-8 ounce Klondike Rose Potatoes
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP butter
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup heavy cream
coarse salt to taste
It is best if potatoes are not piping hot when preparing egg rolls. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Surf N’ Turf Egg Rolls Video. Experiment with different dipping sauces… here is a simple one to try.
Directions for Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
1) Clean and partially peel potatoes. Chop into similar sized pieces.
2) In a medium saucepan, cover potato pieces with water and bring to a gentle boil.
3) Reduce the heat to simmer, cover and continue cooking 15-20 minutes, until fork tender.
4) Drain the water from potatoes.
5) Add minced garlic and salt and roughly mash.
6) Add butter and sour cream and incorporate gently.
7) Fold in heavy cream and enjoy.
Directions for Egg Rolls:
1) On an egg roll wrapper, layer garlic mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus, grilled steak and langoustine lobster.
2) Roll up and fry in 350(F) oil until golden and crisp.
3) Drain on paper towels and serve piping hot with desired dipping sauce.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Surf N’ Turf Egg Rolls Video. Experiment with different dipping sauces… here is a simple one to try.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe and produced this video on behalf of Potandon Produce and Klondike Brand Potatoes.
Potandon Produce leads North America as a marketer with unmatched supplies and quality of fresh potatoes and onions.
For more great recipes using Klondike Rose Potatoes and other great Potandon products check out the Potandon Website.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
[…] the Surf N’ Turf Egg Roll is the culinary equivalent of Keeping the Dream Alive. Got leftovers of the best meal ever? Roll […]