Say YES to Gnocchi! Making fresh, homemade Gnocchi is a lot easier than you may think. With a little guidance from Giada, Mario and the Idaho Potato Commission, I was able to whip up Gnocchi with Brown Butter Mushroom Sauce with very little effort, in less than an hour.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Gnocchi video. For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out their website.
Ingredients for Idaho Potato Gnocchi Recipe:
1.25 pounds Idaho Russet Potatoes (about 2 large)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons egg, beaten
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Double recipe Brown Butter Mushroom Sauce
NOTES: Serves 4-6. Approximately 60 gnocchi. A little tip from Mario: If you need to prepare the gnocchi ahead of time, plunge into an ice bath immediately after cooking, toss with a little olive oil and store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Gnocchi video.
1) Bake or microwave potatoes until tender. Allow to cool slightly.
2) With a spoon, scoop potato from skin. Discard the skin.
3) Mash the potatoes with salt (and fresh black pepper if desired).
4) Make a well in the center and add egg. Combine the egg into the potato.
5) Dump the potato onto a floured board.
6) Sprinkle the potato mixture with flour and knead until you have a ball of dough.
7) Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
8) On a floured board, roll out ropes about 1/2 inch in diameter.
9) Cut the ropes into equal sized pieces, about one half inch long.
10) Using a fork, roll the pieces allowing grooves to form.
11) Drop gnocchi into boiling water and when they float, they are finished, about one minute.
12) Serve immediately with Brown Butter Mushroom or Marinara Sauce.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Gnocchi video.
[…] YES TO GNOCCHI! Get the Idaho Potato Gnocchi Recipe as seen in the […]
[…] with Gnocchi and other pastas, this sauce is quick, easy, elegant and and has topped the most requested list at […]
[…] about Potato Gnocchi with Brown Butter Mushroom Sauce to make Mom’s day? She won’t believe you made pasta […]
[…] the recipe for Potato Gnocchi with Brown Butter Mushroom Sauce as seen in the […]