Click for printer-friendly version!
Chef Adam Cho of Rick’s Cafe at Loews Lake Las Vegas was kind enough to share this recipe for his Honeydew and Fennel Soup which I had the pleasure of trying when I attended Spice SKool. Chef Cho serves his Honeydew and Fennel Soup with a skewer of prosciutto wrapped melon. This cool, refreshing soup was served as our second course at Spice SKool. For more information on Spice SKool, read my story and watch the video Get Cho Spice On! to get a preview of Spice SKool and the updated schedule for 2011.
Ingredients for Honeydew and Fennel Soup:
1 honeydew peeled and seeded
2 fennel bulbs
1 bunch of mint
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 cup of Riesling vinegar or rice wine vinegar
1. Chop up the fennel bulbs and cook in a small sauce pop with the vinegar and sugar.
2. Add water to cover the fennel. Cook until fennel is soft 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove fennel and let cool.
4. In a food processor or blender add honeydew and puree until smooth.
5. Add mint and fennel and continue to puree until all ingredients are blended.
6. Strain mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Garnish with prosciutto wrapped melon or goat cheese crumbles.
[…] The second course is also chilled. A Honeydew and Fennel Soup is garnished with a skewer of prosciutto wrapped honeydew. Chef Adam encourages me to try the sweet soup and salty prosciutto at the same time — a virtual fiesta of flavors in my mouth. You can get the recipe for Honeydew and Fennel Soup here. […]
[…] Adam Cho’s Honeydew and Fennel Soup Recipe (averagebetty.com) […]