Curly Fry Pie could be mistaken for a giant latke.
Or a funky hash brown.
But Curly Fry Pie ain’t trying to hear that, see?
You know you want Curly Fry Pie in your piehole.
Thankfully, Curly Fry Pie isn’t just pie in the sky.
Ingredients for Curly Fry Pie:
1 10-12 ounce Idaho Russet Potato
olive oil, salt
toppings of your choice
Special Equipment: Vegetable Spiralizer
One Idaho Russet Potato makes one Curly Fry Pie. Watch the Curly Fry Pie Video for added instruction and mild entertainment.
Directions for Curly Fry Pie:
1) Peel potato.
2) Slice ends off potato to flatten.
3) Spiralize the potato into a bowl. Do not rinse the potato.
4) Gently toss with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt (and other seasonings, if desired).
5) Arrange seasoned, spiralized potato in a preheated skillet.
6) Cook on medium low heat, covered for 15 minutes.
7) Carefully flip over and continue cooking, uncovered until both sides are golden, another 15 minutes.
8) Drain on paper towels and season with salt.
9) Enjoy immediately or recrisp in a preheated 350(F) oven for 10 minutes. Experiment with different toppings and seasonings.
You know you want Curly Fry Pie in your piehole! For added instruction and entertainment watch the Curly Fry Pie Video and subscribe to my channel on the YouTube!
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
Average Betty and the Idaho Potato Commission have been partners in bringing you video recipes since 2011.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe and produced this video on behalf of the Idaho Potato Commission.
For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out the Idaho Potato Commission Website.