Turkey Chipotle Meatloaf. Lean and flavorful never tasted so macho!
Ground Turkey keeps this meatloaf lean and the mild taste of turkey really helps the spicy chipotle flavors stand out. Enjoy Turkey Chipotle Meatloaf as an entree or toss up some Man Slaw and try a hearty MANLOAF Sandwich.
Ingredients for Turkey Chipotle Meatloaf:
1 – 1/4 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup diced jalapeno
1/4 cup diced tomatoes (canned)
2 teaspoons less-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Ingredients for Chipotle Glaze:
3/4 cup diced tomatoes (canned)
1/4 cup chilies in adobo sauce (pureed)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon less-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
NOTES: Serves 6-8. Makes about 1 cup glaze. Consider doubling the glaze if extra is desired for serving. This spicy meatloaf is about “two alarm” heat. To soften the blow, reduce chilies in adobo to 1 TBSP and consider omitting the diced jalapeno. Use caution when pureeing adobo chilies as they can irritate eyes. This meatloaf also makes great sandwiches when paired with Man Slaw (recipe follows). For added instruction and entertainment, watch the MANLOAF! How to Make Turkey Chipotle Meatloaf video.
Make the Chipotle Glaze:
1) In a saucepan, over medium heat combine diced tomatoes, pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce and Dijon mustard.
2) Cook and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the glaze is bubbling. Set aside.
Make the Turkey Chipotle Meatloaf:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a bowl, combine onion, garlic, jalapeno, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, ground cumin, chipotle chili powder, panko bread crumbs and beaten egg. Stir to combine.
3) Add ground turkey meat. Combine thoroughly, but do not overmix.
4) Line a loaf pan with foil so that the bottom and all the way up the long sides are covered, forming “flaps.”
6) Add meat mixture to prepared loaf pan and gently pat to form of pan.
7) Spoon glaze on top.
8) Bake in the preheated oven (350 degrees F) for about an hour, until it’s golden brown and bubbling, and the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
9) Allow the meatloaf to rest in the loaf pan for 5 minutes. Use foil flaps to lift from pan.
10) Slice, share and enjoy.
MAN UP MANLOAF!
Make a Turkey Chipotle MANLOAF Sandwich. Place sliced turkey meatloaf on a toasted roll and top with Man Slaw.
Ingredients for Man Slaw:
1 – 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
1 – 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
1 green onion diced (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup sliced radishes
1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
salt & pepper to taste
Make the Man Slaw:
1) In the bottom of a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, rice vinegar, honey and salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
2) To the bowl, add shredded cabbages, green onion and radish.
3) Toss to coat.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the MANLOAF! How to Make Turkey Chipotle Meatloaf video.