This easy, adaptable, Homemade Eggnog Recipe will definitely get you into the holiday spirits!
**WATCH THE VIDEO!**
Ingredients for Homemade Eggnog:
4 Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs, separated
1/2 cup + 1 TBSP sugar
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup bourbon
nutmeg, cinnamon or similar for sprinkling
Makes about 8 cups eggnog. For added instruction and entertainment watch the How To Make Homemade Eggnog Video. I only use Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs for recipes like this that call for raw and under cooked eggs. The pasteurization process is all-natural and uses a gentle warm water bath that doesn’t affect the flavor or nutrition.
Directions for Homemade Eggnog:
1) Separate egg yolks from whites.
2) In an electric mixer, combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until sugar has dissolved and the yolks have lightened in color and appear creamy.
3) Gradually add milk, heavy cream and bourbon. Mix on low speed to combine well.
4) Again, with the electric mixer, whip egg whites until soft and add 1 TBSP sugar. Continue whipping until stiff.
5) Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture, chill and serve. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon to garnish. Promptly refrigerate leftovers.
For added instruction and entertainment watch the How To Make Homemade Eggnog Video.
Here’s a favorite Eggnog variation around my home front: Irish Mexican Egg Nog
For even more great Eggnog Recipes, check out SafeEggs.com.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this video recipe on behalf of Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs.
Safest Choice sources eggs from vegetarian-fed hens that are hormone and antibiotic free, from USDA certified and inspected Kosher certified farms.
The Davidson’s Safest Choice all-natural egg pasteurization process eliminates the risk of salmonella in eggs before the eggs even enter your kitchen.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!