WATCH THE VIDEO!
Grilled Potatoes are everything you love about potato skins… but made entirely on the grill! Because, c’mon. It’s like a hundred degrees outside. Let’s get out there and start a fire!
Ingredients for Grilled Potatoes:
3 six – eight ounce Idaho Burbank Russet Potatoes
salt & pepper
Toppings for Grilled Potatoes:
12-18 small slices jalapeno jack cheese
green onion, chopped
Serves 4. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Grilled Potatoes Video.
Directions for Grilled Potatoes:
1) Wash and dry potatoes.
2) Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise. Then, cut each half in halves or thirds, depending on the thickness of the potato. Each potato slice should be about 1/4″ thick, but having your slices equal in thickness is more important.
3) Toss potato slices with olive oil, salt and pepper and any other seasonings you like.
4) Place on preheated grill for 5-6 minutes per side.
5) In the last 3 minutes, top potato slices with cheese.
6) Remove from grill when cheese is melted and potatoes are crisp on the outside, tender on the inside.
7) Garnish with chopped green onion, sour cream and smoked paprika.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Grilled Potatoes Video.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe and produced this video on behalf of the Idaho Potato Commission.
For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out the Idaho Potato Commission Website.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!