**WATCH THE VIDEO!**
French Toast isn’t an exact science.
In fact, French Toast is an art.
A blank canvas, an empty vase, a silent drum.
This is the most basic recipe… but there are plenty of ways to switch things up.
Want some more recipe inspiration? Or want to know what French Toast is called in other countries? Maybe you’re a Def Leppard fan? Watch the video.
Ingredients for Basic French Toast:
1 loaf day-old bread (baguette)
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch ground cloves
powdered sugar for dusting
NOTES: Serves 4-6. For further instruction, entertainment and tips watch the How to Make French Toast video!
Directions for Basic French Toast:
1) Slice baguette (on an angle) into about 24 pieces.
2) Set pieces aside and allow to air dry.
3) In a bowl combine eggs, cream, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Whisk until fluffed, about 2 minutes.
4) Soak bread pieces in egg mixture until mostly saturated but not falling apart.
5) Fry bread pieces in butter over medium heat until cooked through and golden.
6) Serve piping hot with a dusting of powdered sugar (if desired), fresh berries and maple syrup.
For further instruction, entertainment and tips watch the How to Make French Toast video!
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!