Click for printer-friendly version!
Top Chef All Star Fabio Viviani shares his simple and delicious recipe for classic Chicken Marsala. Easy enough for a weeknight dinner, even better as a romantic dinner for two. Watch Chef Fabio prepare his Chicken Marsala and read more about our cooking adventure together here.
Get Fabio Viviani’s Champagne Strawberry Risotto Recipe also featured in the video here.
Ingredients for Chicken Marsala:
2 cups mushrooms (blend of Shiitake, Oyster, Chanterelle)
2 chicken breasts (similar size, thickness)
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup sweet Marsala wine
2 cloves garlic (optional)
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp light olive oil (Fabio prefers Bertolli)
salt pep to taste
chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Note: Serves one very hungry person or two people “on a date.” Chef Fabio does not use garlic in the video. Omitting the garlic makes for a more date-friendly entree. If you can not find Shiitake, Oyster or Chanterelle mushrooms, try crimini or button instead.
1. Slice mushrooms and mince garlic.
2. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
3. Roast mushrooms and garlic (if desired) over medium heat in butter. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in pan over medium-medium-high heat. Using tongs, lift chicken in and out of oil to sear chicken yet prevent it from sticking. Cook chicken just until golden and tender but not cooked through. Watch the video to see Fabio share this great technique.
5. Add the chicken breasts to the roasted mushrooms.
6. Deglaze the pan with with Marsala wine, being cautious of flare-ups.
7. Add heavy cream and reduce by half, 5-10 minutes.
8. To serve, transfer chicken breasts to plate and top with creamy mushroom Marsala sauce. Garnish with chopped, fresh parsley and enjoy!