Click for printer-friendly version!
Gimme a double. There are times when single just won’t do. Like at In-N-Out. Don’t get me wrong, there are times when single is perfectly wonderful. Single scoops at Baskin Robbins. Weekends in Vegas. Even regular old, single, Chocolate Chip Cookies. I love regular old, single, Chocolate Chip Cookies. And these Double Chocolate Cookies are a lot like them. They’re just Double. They’re one louder.
Ingredients for Double Chocolate Cookie Dough:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pure vanilla or extract
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 large eggs
2 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 cups semi-sweet, dark, milk or white chocolate chips
Notes: Makes 3-4 dozen cookies, depending on size. For best results, make dough in advance and chill overnight in the refrigerator or place dough in the freezer for at least one hour before making cookies. These make irresistible bar cookies too!
Make the cookie dough.
1) In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars.
2) Add baking soda and salt.
3) Add vanilla and eggs, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl when needed.
4) Add cocoa powder.
5) Mix in flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
6) For best results, chill overnight in the refrigerator or place dough in the freezer for at least one hour before making cookies.
Bake the cookies.
1) Preheat oven to 365(F).
2) Form dough into balls and place on baking sheet.
3) Gently flatten tops of cookies. Bake 9-10 minutes.
4) Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack.
Share and enjoy.