This Curry Chicken and Rice Salad is a great dish to bring to a potluck, especially if you’re like me and often feel unlucky at potluck.
And it’s also a great use for leftover rice – unless – you really are taking this to a potluck. Please, don’t use leftovers for potluck.
This has been an Average Betty PSA. (Potluck Service Announcement)
Any other potluck pet peeves? Share them in the comments.
**WATCH THE VIDEO!**
Ingredients for Curry Chicken and Rice Salad:
3 cups cooked rice
1 TBSP lemon zest
3 TBSP lemon juice
1 1/2 TBSP curry powder
1/2 cup Greek yogurt / mayonnaise
1/3 cup diced sweet peppers
1/3 cup diced celery
1/3 cup diced green onion
1 cup cooked shredded chicken
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cucumber, sliced
Notes: Makes about 4 cups salad. This is the brand of curry powder shown in the video. For further instruction, entertainment and tips watch the How to Make Curry Chicken and Rice Salad Video Video.
Directions for Curry Chicken and Rice Salad:
1) Combine rice, lemon zest and half of lemon juice in a large mixing bowl.
2) Season with curry powder.
3) Combine seasoned rice with Greek yogurt / mayonnaise thoroughly.
4) Add peppers, celery, green onion, shredded chicken and cranberries and fold just until combined.
5) Mound in serving bowl and garnish with cucumber slices, remaining lemon juice and additional cranberries.
For further instruction, entertainment and tips watch the How to Make Curry Chicken and Rice Salad Video.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!