Watch the How to Make Snickerdoodles Video on YouTube!
Don’t mistake Snickerdoodles for cinnamon sugar cookies.
There’s a very special ingredient that makes them quite different.
It’s cream of tartar.
The cream of tartar helps activate the baking soda.
It also adds a unique tang and chew that elevates these cookies from mere cinnamon sugar to Snicker-didooda-delicious.
And trust me, restrain yourself from adding vanilla. I know it’s hard.
But that sweet, sweet vanilla will neutralize that distinctive, tangy note courtesy of the cream of tartar.
NOTES: Makes about 3 dozen Snickerdoodles. For further instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Snickerdoodles Video on YouTube!
Ingredients for Snickerdoodles Cookies:
1 cup salted butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions for Snickerdoodles Cookies:
1. In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars.
2. Add eggs and cream again.
3. Add salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
4. Slowly add flour and combine throughly.
5. Cover dough and refrigerate until cold.
6. In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
7. To make the cookies, use a one tablespoon scoop, then roll into balls.
8. Coat balls with cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a baking sheet.
9. Bake in a preheated 375(F) oven for 8-9 minutes.
10. Allow to cool on the baking pan before transferring to serving plate or airtight container for storage.
Learn how to make SNICKERDOODLES. Watch the How to Make Snickerdoodles Video on YouTube!
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
I *love* snickerdoodles, but have never actually made a batch with cream of tartar in. Definitely bookmarking this to try it out in the future cos yours look yummy :)