WATCH THE VIDEO!
Meyer Lemons are a cross between a Lemon and a Mandarin Orange. If you can’t get a hold of Meyers consider subbing a little orange zest and juice for a portion of the lemon zest and juice.
Ingredients for Creamy Meyer Lemon Bars Crust:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup butter
Ingredients for Creamy Meyer Lemon Bars Filling:
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 beaten eggs
1 TBSP lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 – 3/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
extra powdered sugar for dusting
Makes about 36 lemony squares. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Meyer Lemon Bars Video.
Directions for Meyer Lemon Bars:
1) Zest and juice a lemon or two.
2) In a bowl combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and lemon zest.
3) Press mixture into a 9×9 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
4) Bake in a preheated 350 (F) oven for 15-20 minutes.
5) In a bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, beaten eggs, lemon zest, salt, baking powder, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk well.
6) Pour lemon mixture over pre-baked crust and return to preheated 350 (F) oven for 20-25 minutes.
7) Allow to cool and lift lemon bars from pan using parchment paper.
8) Cut into bite sized pieces and dust with powdered sugar.
9) Refrigerate. Tastes best chilled.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
How long should the lemon bars “cool” after baking?