If you’re looking for a dessert and an after-dinner-drink all in one sweet bite, belly-up to this Boozy Bread Pudding for Valentine’s Day.
Ingredients for Boozy Bourbon Sauce:
1 Safest Choice Egg
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch coarse salt
Ingredients for Bread Pudding:
2 Safest Choice Eggs
2 cups milk or half-n-half
4-5 cups cubed French bread (about 1/2 loaf)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 TBSP melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Bread Pudding serves 8-10. Makes about 2 cups Bourbon Sauce. Bread Pudding is best served hot and fresh, but leftovers make a decadent breakfast or brunch. Store both leftover pudding and sauce covered and refrigerated.
Directions for Boozy Bread Pudding:
Make the Bread Pudding.
1) Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Preheat your oven to 350(F).
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes and milk. Set aside allow to soak.
4) In another bowl combine Safe Eggs, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
5) Add egg mixture to bread mixture and carefully fold together.
6) Pour into lined baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.
7) Bake in preheated 350(F) oven for 30-40 minutes.
Make the Boozy Bourbon Sauce.
1) In a sauce pan over medium heat melt butter and add sugar.
2) Slowly stream in egg, a little at a time, while whisking vigorously. Take care not to scramble the eggs.
3) When mixture is smooth, add bourbon and stir well. Do not bring to a boil or allow to simmer as mixture may separate.
4) Top fresh-from-the-oven Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce and enjoy.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe on behalf of Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs.
Safest Choice sources eggs from vegetarian-fed hens that are hormone and antibiotic free, from USDA certified and inspected Kosher certified farms.
The Safest Choice all-natural egg pasteurization process eliminates the risk of salmonella in eggs before the eggs even enter your kitchen.
For more great recipes using Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs, check out the Safe Eggs Recipe Center. Follow on Facebook for news and coupons.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
Barb | Creative Culinary says
I made something so similar for Christmas. Why should I wait til December to do it again…see how inspiring you are? :)