I’m pretty sure I missed your Birthday…
So to make it up to you I’m making my Best Ever Vanilla Birthday Cake!
Be sure to watch the video so you get all my tips and tricks!
And hey, let’s party!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment on this post. Better still, tag your photos on instagram @avergaebetty #averagebettyrecipe
NOTES: Makes two 8″ layer cakes or 24 cupcakes. Serves 16-20. For further instruction and entertainment, watch the Best Ever Vanilla Birthday Cake Video on YouTube!
Ingredients for Best Ever Vanilla Cake:
1 cup salted butter
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coarse salt
3 large eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
Ingredients for Miracle Moist:
1/3 cup warm water
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for Vanilla Frosting:
1 1/2 cups salted butter
6 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
pinch coarse salt (optional)
Directions for the Best Ever Vanilla Cake:
1. In an electric mixer, cream butter.
2. Add white and brown sugars and cream again.
3. Mix in baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add eggs and vanilla.
5. Add flour and combine. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl if necessary.
6. With mixer running on low speed, stream in buttermilk.
7. Distribute batter evenly between two prepared cake pans.
8. Bake in a 350(F) oven for about 40 minutes, until golden.
9. Allow cakes to cool completely before brushing with Miracle Moist or frosting.
Directions for Miracle Moist:
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients thoroughly.
2. Use a small pastry brush to saturate baked cake, especially at the edges.
Directions for the Best Ever Vanilla Frosting:
1. Chill mixing bowl and wire whisk attachment for best results.
2. Cream butter thoroughly and add vanilla.
3. Add sifted powdered sugar gradually until fully combined, smooth and creamy.
4. Add whipping cream and mix on high until fluffed.
5. Finish with a pinch of coarse salt if desired.
Learn how to make the Best Ever Vanilla Cake and Vanilla Frosting. Watch the video on YouTube and subscribe!
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
Marie Douglas says
So much better than store bought!! Tried this out for my daughters 6th birthday and would recommend to everyone!
Made this for my daughter’s birthday tonight and everyone loved it!!
Erin B says
Do you spoon the floor into the cup or scoop it? Am I safe just going by weight?