So, we’re testing out Crock Pot French Toast.
Or… French Toast in a Slow Cooker, if you prefer.
It seems people always wonder why you would want to cook *insert crock pot food item here that takes no time to make* in a slow cooker.
Well, there are lots of reasons to use the slow cooker…
Maybe it’s too HOT to use the oven.
Maybe it’s the holidays and your oven is too crowded.
Or, maybe you just want to set it and fugedabodit.
Whatever the reason you’re crocking, most things are worth trying at least once in the slow cooker.
The Universe and viewer Teresa S. tell Sara from Average Betty to make Crock Pot French Toast. Sara listens and the results are gooey and sweet.
This is a Test Kitchen Recipe. If you try this, please leave your tweaks in the comments and better still, tag your photos on instagram @avergaebetty #averagebettyrecipe
NOTES: Makes a big ol’ crock full of french toast. Serves 8-10. When serving, spoon out and flip over onto plate for “brulee” effect. I consulted these recipes for this Test Kitchen Experiment: Extra Crispy, Kraft and Recipe Tips. I used Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. For further instruction and entertainment, watch the Test Kitchen Crock Pot French Toast Video on YouTube!
Ingredients for Test Kitchen Crock Pot French Toast:
16 oz Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, stale
1 cup half and half
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 tablespoon orange liquor
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
Directions for Test Kitchen Crock Pot French Toast:
1. Cube stale bread.
2. In a large bowl combine eggs, half and half, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, coarse salt and orange liquor.
3. Soak bread cubes in egg mixture.
4. In the crock pot, evenly distribute melted butter and brown sugar on bottom.
5. Carefully pour soaked bread mixture on top of sugar. Do not stir.
6. Cover and crock for about 5 hours on low.
7. To serve, spoon out and flip over onto plate.
8. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup if desired.
Learn how to make Crock Pot French Toast. Watch the video on YouTube (and subscribe)!
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!