Sometimes called Heart of Lettuce, the Classic Wedge Salad dates back to 1916. And when you think about recipes from this time frame, I think simplicity is the best. My Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe only has 5 ingredients and requires nothing more than a little bit of time. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Blue Cheese Dressing Video.
Ingredients for Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Recipe:
Hard Boiled Egg
Chopped Red Onion
Fresh cracked Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Dressing
NOTES: For an entree size Wedge Salad, cut Iceberg Lettuce Head into 4 wedges, for starter salads, cut into 8.
Directions for Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese:
1) Prepare Blue Cheese Dressing.
2) Prepare hard boiled eggs.
3) Wash and wedge iceberg lettuce.
4) Assemble the salad by placing wedge of lettuce on a plate. Arrange tomato wedges and hard boiled egg halves around base of wedge.
5) Dollop blue cheese dressing on top of wedge and allow to run down sides, penetrating the leaves of the wedge.
6) Sprinkle chopped red onion on top of blue cheese dressing.
7) Arrange bacon strips against wedge and finish with a crack of fresh black pepper.