A recent study by The Pork Board of 30 million social media posts reveals: Americans love to share food with hot flavors, crispy textures, spices, bacon and cheese.
In an attempt to break the internet based on these findings, The Pork Board created the Cheesy Maple Bacon Cajun Pulled Pork Sandwich with Crispy Roasted Potatoes and Sriracha Yogurt.
And you may know The Pork Board delivered this decadent Mashup Sandwich to my house.
My challenge if I chose to eat the sandwich?
To create my own Mashup recipe based on the Cheesy Maple Bacon Cajun Pulled Pork Sandwich with Crispy Roasted Potatoes and Sriracha Yogurt.
So I did what any red-blooded Los Angelina would do.
I wrapped all my inspiration inside a soft, warm flour tortilla and served it for breakfast.
Spicy Pork Tenderloin Bacon and Egg Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Ingredients for Spicy Pork Tenderloin Rub:
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 TBSP canola oil
Ingredients for Spicy Guacamole:
1 medium avocado
1 medium jalapeno
1 green onion
2 TBSP chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon lime juice
coarse salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for EACH Breakfast Burrito:
1/2 cup chopped Spicy Pork Tenderloin
1/2 cup pan roasted potatoes
1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup spicy guacamole
1 burrito size flour tortilla
1 piece crisp bacon
NOTES: The pork loin used for this recipe was 1.6 pounds. Adjust rub measurements according to the size of your tenderloin. Each 6-8 ounce russet potato will yield about one cup of chopped and roasted potatoes. The more seed and membrane from the jalapeno you use in the guacamole, the spicier it will be.
Make the Spicy Pork Tenderloin:
1) Combine all ingredients for the rub and apply to pork tenderloin. Allow rub to penetrate, about 20 minutes.
2) Preheat a skillet to high. Sear tenderloin on all sides.
3) Place seared tenderloin on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400(F) oven for 20-30 minutes or until the internal temperature is about 145(F).
4) Remove tenderloin from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest. The internal temperature of the pork after resting under foil will be 165(F) and ready to slice.
5) While the tenderloin is cooking and resting, fry and drain the bacon (reserve drippings if desired) and prepare the other components as follows.
Make the Pan Roasted Potatoes:
1) Peel and chop potato into even sized pieces.
2) Drizzle 2 teaspoons olive oil in a preheated skillet and add potatoes.
3) Toss potatoes in pan to coat with olive oil.
4) Pan fry potatoes until golden on the outside and tender on the inside, 10-15 minutes.
5) Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
Make the Spicy Guacamole:
1) Peel, pit and mash avocado.
2) Stir in diced jalapeno, green onion and cilantro.
3) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4) Finish with lime juice.
Make the Pork Tenderloin and Eggs:
1) Chop pork tenderloin into small pieces.
2) In a skillet, preheat about 1/2 tablespoon bacon drippings.
3) Add two eggs per 1/2 chopped pork tenderloin per burrito to skillet.
4) Scramble the pork tenderloin and eggs together.
5) Top with shredded pepper jack cheese and remove from heat.
Assemble the Breakfast Burrito:
1) Spread about 1/4 cup guacamole on warm tortilla.
2) Spoon scrambled pork tenderloin and egg mixture onto guacamole.
3) Distribute potatoes and crumbled bacon.
4) Fold over the sides and roll up.
Average Betty is proud to be affiliated with The National Pork Board.
The National Pork Board is responsible for communicating with pork producers and the public.
American pork producers take great pride in providing quality care for the animals on their farms. The National Pork Board relies on the best scientific research to help determine guidelines for hog and animal care.
Providing humane and compassionate care for their pigs at every stage of life is one of the ethical principles to which responsible pork producers adhere.
Don’t miss an instructional video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!