WATCH THE VIDEO!
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes are great anytime, but especially when your oven is over crowded with dinner party preparations.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes:
4 pounds Idaho Russet Potatoes, thinly sliced
3 cups buttermilk
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 TBSP butter
1 TBSP coarse salt
few cracks black pepper
Serves 10-12. I used a 6 quart slow cooker. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes Video.
Directions for Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes:
1) In a large bowl, season buttermilk with salt and pepper.
2) As you slice the potatoes, put the slices into the buttermilk to soak.
3) Layer the buttermilk soaked potato slices with little pieces of butter and cheese in the crock of a slow cooker.
4) Put the lid on and set for high. Cook for about 4 hours, or until the potatoes are 185(F) and cooked through.
5) Turn off the slow cooker and allow to rest 15-20 minutes before serving.
6) Garnish with crumbled potato chips and bacon bits if desired.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes Video.
Check out the Thomas Keller inspired recipe for Buttermilk Pave Potatoes Sara mentions in the video.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe and produced this video on behalf of the Idaho Potato Commission.
For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out the Idaho Potato Commission Website.