This Shortbread Caramel Swirl Ice Cream is a triple threat. Or should I say triple treat?
1. No Bake.
2. No Cook.
3. No ice cream maker required.
And it’s not very often that three NO’s make a YES! YES YES!
The only thing more awesome than how rich and creamy this no bake, no cook, no ice cream maker required ice cream, is how easy it is to make.
The only thing difficult about this recipe is waiting for the ice cream to harden in the freezer over night.
But you can do it. Your reward will be sweet.
Ingredients for Shortbread Caramel Swirl Ice Cream:
3 Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs (separated)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
6-8 shortbread cookies
1/4 cup caramel sauce
This recipe uses raw eggs, so Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs are the only way to go, because they are pasteurized. Consuming raw pasteurized eggs is safe for pregnant women, children and the elderly. In other words, your family and friends. And haven’t you put them through enough?
I used a large 9×5″ loaf pan lined with plastic wrap, but you can really use any freezer safe container.
Generally, the more mix-ins you add, the softer your ice cream will be. Think balance.
Directions for Shortbread Caramel Swirl Ice Cream:
1) With an electric mixer, whip cream until firm. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
2) In an electric mixer combine egg yolks, half the sugar, one teaspoon of vanilla and coarse salt. Mix on high for about 10 minutes until mixture is smooth, shiny and doubled in volume. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3) Again, in the electric mixer beat egg whites, one teaspoon vanilla and remaining half of the sugar on high until stiff.
4) Fold whipped cream into egg mixture then fold in whipped egg whites.
5) In a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap, layer ice cream mixture with shortbread cookie bits and caramel swirl.
6) Gently press and smooth plastic wrap over entire surface and freeze over night.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe on behalf of Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs.
Safest Choice sources eggs from vegetarian-fed hens that are hormone and antibiotic free, from USDA certified and inspected Kosher certified farms.
The Safest Choice all-natural egg pasteurization process eliminates the risk of salmonella in eggs before the eggs even enter your kitchen.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!