WATCH THE VIDEO!
This Roasted Potato Salad is so awesome, I call it the Potatotally Awesome Salad! Roasted Red Idaho Potatoes and peppery arugula meet the holy trifecta of flavor combinations: cranberries, candied pecans and blue cheese crumbles.
And guess what mayo-haters? There is none! Talk about Totally Awesome!
Ingredients for Potatotally Awesome Salad:
1.5 pounds Idaho Red Potatoes (about 3 cups chopped)
2 cups arugula
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1/2 cup candied pecans
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Balsamic Salad Dressing
Get the Balsamic Salad Dressing Recipe.
Serves 6-8. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Potatotally Awesome Salad Video.
Directions for Potatotally Awesome Salad:
1) Chop Idaho Red Potatoes into even sized pieces. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
2) Roast potatoes in a preheated 425(F) oven for about 30 minutes, using a spatula to flip mid-way through cooking to promote even browning.
3) When potatoes are done roasting, assemble the salad. In a large bowl combine arugula and roasted potatoes. Toss with a few tablespoons Balsamic Dressing.
4) Add blue cheese crumbles, dried cranberries and candied pecan and toss gently to combine.
5) Serve immediately, warm or at room temperature.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Potatotally Awesome Salad Video.
For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out the Idaho Potato Commission Website.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!