The 87th Academy Awards are this Sunday and a sure way to wow your Oscar Party guests in a big way is to go small.
Small plates that is.
Because there are no small plates. Only big flavors.
And practically guaranteed to win Best Small Plate in a Lead Role is Red Carpet Ravioli.
It’s a story about a ricotta pillow that cradles a delicate egg yolk, all the while… encased in a quirky and quite unlikely egg roll wrapper.
High drama? Not really.
Red Carpet Ravioli is Hollywood glamor on a YouTube budget.
Ingredients for Red Carpet Raviloi:
12 Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs
20 egg roll wrappers
15 ounces ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
1 teaspoon coarse salt
Use your favorite marinara sauce for the “red carpet” and garnish with finely grated Pecorino Romano and fresh basil.
Make sparkling, red Cranberry Fizz Cocktails for your Oscars party using the reserved egg whites.
Choosing Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs for recipes like this one that use gently cooked eggs is the way to go, especially when you are entertaining a crowd, because they are pasteurized. So, you and your Oscar Party A-listers can party like the real winners you really are.
Directions for Red Carpet Ravioli:
1) In a bowl combine one whole egg, ricotta cheese, shredded Pecorino Romano and salt.
2) Separate 10 egg yolks from their whites, keeping each yolk separate from another.
3) Make an egg wash with one whole egg and 1/4 cup of water.
4) Assemble the ravioli by placing 3 level tablespoons of ricotta mixture in the center of an egg roll wrapper.
5) Make a indentation in the center of the ravioli and carefully place egg yolk.
6) Brush the edges of the egg roll wrapper with egg wash.
7) Place another egg roll wrapper on top and carefully press edges to seal, taking care to remove as much air as possible.
8) Drop ravioli in gently boiling water and cook for about 2-3 minutes. (This is a personal preference, 2 minutes yields a runny yolk, three minutes yields one that is more set.)
9) Remove from water with slotted spoon and place on a small plate with marinara sauce. Garnish with grated cheese and fresh basil.
Makes 10 small plate entree sized ravioli.
EGGS FOR EVERYONE!
Check out Davidson’s Safest Choice® Pasteurized Eggs “Eggs for Everyone” Recipe Contest! The search is on for the best original recipes showcasing Safest Choice™ to all consumers. Get more information and ENTER TO WIN HERE.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe on behalf of Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs.
Safest Choice sources eggs from vegetarian-fed hens that are hormone and antibiotic free, from USDA certified and inspected Kosher certified farms.
The Safest Choice all-natural egg pasteurization process eliminates the risk of salmonella in eggs before the eggs even enter your kitchen.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!