It’s funny to call these waffles Quick and Easy because in comparison to my weekday breakfast, they are quite a bit of work. But in reality, when it’s the weekend and time to make waffles, shouldn’t you really do it right?
These waffles take nothing more than a bowl, a few ingredients that you probably have on hand… and oh yeah, a waffle iron. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Quick and Easy Waffles Video.
Ingredients for Quick and Easy Waffles:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar (granulated or light brown)
2 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups milk (or combination milk, buttermilk)
1/4 cup cooking oil (canola, safflower, vegetable)
Waffle Iron (Belgium or regular)
NOTES: Makes about 10-12 waffles depending on waffler size. To make Freezer Waffles, bake waffles on the lowest setting, just until cooked. Then cool and freeze individually. Toast and enjoy as you normally would an Eggo.
Directions for Quick and Easy Waffles:
1) Combine dry ingredients: All-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2) Make a well in the center and add: beaten eggs, vanilla and milk.
3) Combine well; mixture may be lumpy.
4) Add oil and stir until fully combined.
5) Pour waffle batter onto preheated waffle iron.
6) Bake in waffler according to manufacturer instructions.