WATCH THE VIDEO!
Potato Skins are great anytime, but especially when your living room is crowded with hungry, beer-filled friends and family drooling at the sight of multi-million dollar burger commercials.
Super Bowl 2015 is right around the corner.
And the Super Bowl was made for Potato Skins.
Ingredients for Potato Skins:
6 Idaho Russet Potatoes, on the small to medium size
copious amounts of shredded cheese and other favorite toppings
chopped green onion
Makes 12 Potato Skins. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Potato Skins – Three Ways! Video.
Directions for Potato Skins:
1) In a large bowl, coat clean, dry potatoes with olive oil and season with coarse salt.
2) Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400(F) oven for about an hour, until tender.
3) Allow to cool and slice in half lengthwise.
4) Scoop out the potato from each half leaving a 1/4″ border of potato in each skin.
5) Place on a baking sheet and brush halves with olive oil and season with coarse salt.
6) Return to the 400(F) oven for about 10 minutes on each side.
7) When skins are crisp, fill with desired toppings and return to the oven to melt, about 5 minutes.
8) Garnish with green onions and sour cream or other favorite toppings.
Potato Skins – Three Ways! Perfect for your Super Bowl 2015 party.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Potato Skins – Three Ways! Video.
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe and produced this video on behalf of the Idaho Potato Commission.
For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out the Idaho Potato Commission Website.