WATCH THE VIDEO!
Potato Flowers are individual bouquets of crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside potatoes that really let that special someone know you care.
Ingredients for EACH Potato Flower:
1 Idaho Russet Potatoes (6- 8 ounce)
1/2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 TBSP melted butter
2 TBSP shredded jalapeno jack cheese (optional)
coarse salt, pepper
Makes 1 Potato Flower. For added instruction, entertainment, and serving suggestions watch the How to Make Potato Flowers Video.
Directions for Potato Flowers:
1) In a small bowl combine melted butter and olive oil.
2) Peel (or not – watch the video) a clean dry Idaho Russet Potato.
3) Slice potatoes into very thin circular discs.
4) Layer potato slices on a non-stick baking sheet in the shape of a flower, creating 3-5 layers.
5) Brush each layer with melted butter/olive oil combination and season with salt.
6) Place a small amount of jalapeno jack cheese in between each layer.
7) Bake in a preheated 400(F) oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden on the outside and fork tender on the inside.
For added instruction, entertainment, and serving suggestions watch the How to Make Potato Flowers Video.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe and produced this video on behalf of the Idaho Potato Commission.
For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out the Idaho Potato Commission Website.