WATCH THE VIDEO!
Oven roasting is an easy, healthy and relatively fast way to prepare vegetables. Delicious and impressive enough to accompany surf n’ turf; hearty enough to stand up on their own.
I like to roast, with the skins on, for maximum nutrition and ease of preparation. Use any combination of vegetables you like, just be sure to have whatever vegetables you choose in uniform pieces for most even cooking.
Ingredients for Oven Roasted Vegetables:
2 large Idaho Potatoes, any variety
1 small Acorn Squash, or similar
12 Brussels Sprouts
12 Pearl Onions
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
1 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
Directions for Oven Roasted Vegetables:
1) Select vegetables, wash and cut into uniform pieces.
2) Season with salt and pepper and any other seasonings desired.
3) Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat vegetables with seasonings and oil.
4) Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
5) Bake in a 400(F) preheated oven for 25 minutes or until desired tenderness.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Oven Roasted Vegetables Video.
For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out the Idaho Potato Commission Website.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!