WATCH THE VIDEO!
If you remember the iScone — my goodness, bless you! You may remember I did a Lemon Curd recipe a long time ago. Well, this Lemon Curd is so wonderful, it warrants a do-over. You know, minus the wigs and smartphones. I have updated a few ingredient quantities, but a lot has changed since 2007!
Ingredients for Lemon Curd:
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 TBSP lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Makes ONE CUP Lemon Curd. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Lemon Curd Video.
Directions for Lemon Curd:
1) Zest two lemons. Juice two lemons. Beat two eggs.
2) In a saucepan combine sugar, salt and cornstarch. Whisk to remove lumps.
3) Over medium heat, stir in lemon peel and lemon juice.
4) Add butter pieces and stir continuously. Continue cooking and stirring until thick and bubbling.
5) Stir half the lemon mixture into beaten eggs to temper.
6) Slowly pour egg mixture back into pan, stirring the whole time. Cook and stir vigorously for 2 minutes more. The Lemon Curd will have slight sheen and be the consistency of a thick custard.
7) Cover and allow to cool at room temperature. Refrigerate until cold.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Lemon Curd Video.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!