WATCH THE VIDEO!
This bread is going to become my thing. You know, when I need to give someone a gift, I’m going to give them this Lemon Blueberry Bread. I want people to associate me with this bread. Because if they do, they are sure to like me better. It’s really that delicious.
Ingredients for Lemon Blueberry Bread:
1 TBSP lemon zest
1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP lemon juice
1 cup (frozen) blueberries
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup plus 1 TBSP sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup cooking oil
Makes one loaf bread, approximately 16 slices. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Lemon Blueberry Bread Video.
Directions for Lemon Blueberry Bread:
1) Zest and juice a lemon.
2) In a large mixing bowl combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, baking powder and lemon zest.
3) Add the blueberries and stir gently, making a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Set aside.
4) In another bowl, beat an egg and add milk, vanilla, 1/4 cup lemon juice and cooking oil. Whisk throughly.
5) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold carefully.
6) Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350(F) oven for 50 minutes.
7) While the loaf is baking, combine 1 TBSP sugar and 2 TBSP lemon juice.
8) When loaf is done baking, brush top with sugar-lemon mixture and allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
9) When loaf is cooled, lift from the pan and slice. Even better the next day!
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Lemon Blueberry Bread Video.
More from the Meyer Lemon Tree:
Get the Meyer Lemon Bars Recipe.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!