My little American family is Irish Mexican.
A crazy combination some may say.
And I wouldn’t disagree, rather clarify:
Crazy in the best way.
And this crazy good Irish Mexican Egg Nog is my contribution to Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs Dozen Days of Nog!
Won’t you join me?
Choosing Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs for recipes like this one that use raw eggs is the way to go because they are pasteurized. So, you and your lucky egg nog guzzling
friends and family revelers have the green light to keep the party going.
Ingredients for Irish Mexican Egg Nog:
4 Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs
1/2 cup + 1 TBSP granulated sugar
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Irish whiskey
1/2 cup Khalua
cocoa powder and cinnamon for sprinkling, if desired
Directions for Irish Mexican Egg Nog:
1) Separate egg yolks from whites.
2) In an electric mixer, combine egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until sugar has dissolved and the yolks have lightened in color and appear creamy.
3) Gradually add milk, heavy cream, Irish whiskey and Khalua. Mix on medium speed to combine well.
4) Again, with the electric mixer, whip egg whites until soft and add 1 TBSP sugar. Continue whipping until stiff.
5) Fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture and serve immediately. Promptly refrigerate leftovers.
Makes about 8 cups of crazy good Irish Mexican Egg Nog. Please drink responsibly.
Join Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs for their Dozen Days of Nog Facebook Event! Answer new questions every day about baking, holiday prep, eggnog, and more. You can also add your tips and advice. Share your recipe to the event page and it could be added to the SafeEggs.com Recipe Center!
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe on behalf of Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs.
Safest Choice sources eggs from vegetarian-fed hens that are hormone and antibiotic free, from USDA certified and inspected Kosher certified farms.
The Safest Choice all-natural egg pasteurization process eliminates the risk of salmonella in eggs before the eggs even enter your kitchen.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!