WATCH THE VIDEO!
Mancave approved. Sticky, spicy and super simple because they are baked in the oven, these HOT RIBS might not win you any barbecue competitions, but the mancave will be cheering your name! For added instruction and entertainment, watch HOT RIBS! – How to Make Hot Ribs Video.
Ingredients for Hot Ribs:
1 Rack Pork Ribs (or similar)
Ingredients for Hot Ribs Glaze:
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 TBSP Toasted Sesame Oil
1 TBSP Rice Vinegar
1 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
1 TBSP Ginger Root (finely grated)
1 TBSP Lemon Grass Paste
1 TBSP Molasses
3 TBSP Chili Garlic Sauce
Ingredients for Garnish:
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Chopped Green Onion
Equipment for Hot Ribs:
This technique for oven baking ribs will work with any rub or sauce of your choice. Bake multiple racks, wrapped individually. Makes 3/4 cup of Glaze.
I used Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce, Grandma’s Molasses and Gourmet Garden Lemon Grass Paste. If you can’t find chili garlic sauce, you can make your own. If you can’t find Lemon Grass Paste, you can make your own.
1) In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the glaze and set aside.
2) Rinse and pat dry ribs.
3) Remove the membrane (or silverskin) from the concave side of the ribs. Watch the HOT RIBS! Video for added instruction.
4) Season ribs on both sides with salt and pepper.
5) Coat ribs on both sides with half of the glaze.
6) Wrap completely with aluminum foil and seal like a package.
7) Place package on an (older) baking sheet, concave side up (meatiest side of ribs down).
8) Bake in a preheated 400 (F) oven in the center rack for one hour.
9) After an hour, open the foil package and flip the ribs over and coat with the remaining glaze.
10) Return the ribs, uncovered, to the oven for 30 minutes.
11) Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
12) Share and enjoy.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the HOT RIBS! – How to Make Spicy Oven Roasted Ribs Video, give it a thumbs up and please subscribe to my channel on YouTube.