Spice Up St. Patrick’s Day Brunch! St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Saturday this year and I can’t think of a better excuse to enjoy Green Chili Egg Casserole. If you want something deliciously decadent (and GREEN) in your belly, for a long day of Irish fun… this is your dish!
Green Chili Egg Casserole is super easy to make and feeds a crowd… or YOU for an entire week. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Green Chili Egg Casserole video.
Slice up Green Chili Egg Casserole and make TACOS! Perfect for any meal. You heard me — any meal!
Ingredients for Green Chili Egg Casserole:
10 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 TBSP butter
2 cups cottage cheese
8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese
8 oz Cheddar Cheese
10 oz roasted green chilis
10 oz chopped fresh spinach
salt & pepper to taste
NOTES: Makes a 9″ x 13″ casserole. Serves 10-12. Spinach can be fresh or frozen. If frozen, thaw and remove any excess water. Can be enjoyed hot, cold or at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the How to Make Green Chili Egg Casserole video.
1) Preheat oven to 350(F)
2) In a large mixing bowl beat 10 eggs until fluffy.
3) Stir in cottage cheese.
4) Gradually add shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese and combine thoroughly.
5) Stir in green chilies.
6) Add chopped spinach and combine thoroughly.
7) Stir in flour and baking powder. Season with salt & pepper.
8) Coat bottom of baking dish with melted butter.
9) Pour egg mixture into baking dish. Spread mixture evenly in baking dish.
10) Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated, 350 (F) oven for 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until the edges are golden and the casserole is cooked through.