WATCH THE VIDEO!
It’s time to think outside the Easter Basket!
Easter Egg Potatoes are twice baked potatoes that have been turned on end to resemble Easter Eggs.
Ingredients for Easter Egg Potatoes:
4 Idaho Russet Potatoes (8 – 10 ounces each)
coarse salt, pepper
1 TBSP butter
2 TBSP sour cream
1/3 cup half n’ half
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 green onion
4 slices crisp bacon
Makes 4 twice baked Easter Egg Potatoes. For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Easter Egg Potatoes Video.
Directions for Easter Egg Potatoes:
1) In a large bowl, coat clean, dry potatoes with olive oil and season with coarse salt.
2) Place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400(F) oven for about an hour, until tender.
3) Allow to cool and slice ends off each potato to create flat end.
4) At the other end, cut a jagged live resembling a cracked egg and remove for “lid.”
5) Scoop out insides of each potato leaving a 1/4″ border of potato in each skin. Set aside on baking sheet.
6) In a bowl combine about 1 cup of potato, butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, 1 teaspoon chopped green onion and half n half. Mix until smooth.
7) Brush potato “eggs” and “lids” with olive oil and season with coarse salt.
8) Line the bottom of each potato with crisp bacon.
9) Carefully spoon creamy potato mixture into each potato.
10) Top with shredded cheese and bacon bits.
11) Return to 400(F) oven for 15-20 minutes. The “lids” may cook more quickly.
12) When skins are crisp, cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through, remove from oven.
13) Garnish with green onions and sour cream or other favorite toppings.
For added instruction and entertainment, watch the Easter Egg Potatoes Video.
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe and produced this video on behalf of the Idaho Potato Commission.
For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out the Idaho Potato Commission Website.