WATCH THE VIDEO!
You’ve heard of a Wet Burrito. Think of this as a Wet Potato.
Chili Colorado Idaho Potatoes are perfectly crisp, baked Idaho Russet Potatoes, topped with rich Chili Colorado and melting cheese.
For Cinco de Mayo, or anytime… Let’s eat!
Slow Cooker Chili Colorado is super easy. Not necessarily super fast.
Ingredients for Chili Colorado Potatoes:
12 -14 medium Idaho Russet Potatoes, baked to perfection (for serving)
1 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeno, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 TBSP Menudo Seasoning Spice Mix
1 cup beef broth
1 28 ounce can Red Chili Sauce
4 – 5 pound chuck roast, trimmed
1/4 cup masa harina
chopped green onion
Makes about 12 cups Chili Colorado. Serves 12-14. For added instruction and entertainment watch the Chili Colorado Idaho Potatoes Video! For further instruction and tips for Perfect Baked Potatoes, watch the How To Pop a Potato Video.
Directions for Chili Colorado Idaho Potatoes:
1) Combine all ingredients except potatoes and masa harina in slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 – 10 hours, turning occasionally.
2) Remove roast from slow cooker and shred meat.
3) Whisk in masa harina to cooking liquid and return meat to slow cooker. Cover and allow to simmer while potatoes are baking.
4) Serve Chili Colorado over perfectly baked Idaho Russet Potato.
5) For further instruction and tips for Perfect Baked Potatoes, watch the How To Pop a Potato Video.
For added instruction and entertainment watch the Chili Colorado Idaho Potatoes Video on YouTube and subscribe!
Don’t miss a video… SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE!
The Average Betty Test Kitchen developed this recipe and produced this video on behalf of the Idaho Potato Commission.
For more great recipes using Idaho Potatoes, check out the Idaho Potato Commission Website.