Celebrate this 4th of July with The Patriot. Because nothing says God Bless America like a sexy Italian mixologist!
When you honor America today, I hope you’ll party responsibly and raise a glass to all the freedoms and opportunities that make America the greatest country in the world. I also hope you’ll keep your hot foods hot, cold foods cold, wear sunscreen and stay hydrated.
Happy 4th of July, y’all! Thanks, Jacopo!
Ingredients for The Patriot:
1 oz. Aperol
1 oz. Maker`s Mark Whiskey
1/2 oz. Blood Orange Nectar
2 Fresh Basil Leaves
1/4 oz. Simple Syrup
2 Lime Wedges
Top with Santa Margherita Prosecco (or any sparkling wine)
Tropical Punch (blue) Pop Rocks for rim of glass
Daikon Root (cut in star shapes)
1) In a cocktail shaker, muddle limes, basil and simple syrup.
2) Add the Aperol, Makers Mark Whisky and Blood Orange Nectar.
3) Shake for 5 fast seconds and pour over ice into your blue Pop Rocks rimmed tumbler.
4) Top with some sparkling wine and serve.
5) Buon quattro di Luglio! Have a safe and Happy 4Th of July!
You can also find Jacopo shaking things up irl with Fabio Viviani at Firenze Osteria. Photo Credit: Jacopo Falleni